Call for a Free Phone Consultation at (612) 339-1024

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Can I Keep a Theft Offense Off My Record?

It may be possible to keep a theft charge off your record given the dollar amount of the theft and a clean record. My advice would be to enroll in a theft offender treatment program now and complete the program before your first court appearance. A proactive defense is the best defense against a criminal charge. Secondly, I would hire an experienced theft defense attorney to guide you through the court system. You do not want to make any contact with the prosecutor or police while your case is pending. You may place the outcome of your case at risk by making dangerous admissions against your interest. The job of contacting the prosecution and police should be left to the criminal defense attorney. If the case is continued for dismissal, there will be no chance for a jail consequence.

1 comment:

  1. Happen to be trying to find this and learned a lot more than expected post. Thanks.
    los angeles theft defense attorney