Call for a Free Phone Consultation at (612) 339-1024

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Man Discharged Early from DWI Probation

Is it possible to be discharged early from probation in a Minnesota criminal case? Yes. I recently represented a client who was discharged early by the judge after serving only 2 1/2 years of a 4 year probationary sentence imposed in a 2nd degree DWI case with a .23 BAC. The client was interested in obtaining an early discharge from probation in order to enroll in an out-of-state college. All of the conditions of his probation had been met, including remaining law abiding. We filed a motion for an early discharge from probation along with an affidavit from the client demonstrating his completion of treatment, honor roll status, the reinstatement of his driving privileges, and a letter from his probation officer recommending an early discharge. The judge granted the discharge motion based on the affidavit and reasoned that since he had committed no new  DWI offenses while on probation, he was rehabilitated and no longer in need of probationary supervision.

If you are interested in obtaining an early discharge from probation on a Minnesota criminal case, please give me a call for a free case evaluation at (612) 339-1024.

No comments:

Post a Comment